There is only one true gospel, but this gospel has been corrupted in many different ways. This is tragic because the gospel is the power of God which transform us. Some think that the Christian’s power is to be accessed through various means such as prayer, fasting, giving, sacrificing, etc. The apostles taught differently. Their message was that if we believe the true gospel, God’s power will work in our lives.
The purpose of this book is to look afresh at what really happened at the cross. It examines the following:
- Some of the words used by the apostles to explain the death of Jesus, such as
propitiation, reconciliation, justification, redemption, etc.
- Penal substitution: What is it? Did the apostles teach it? Was it taught throughout the history of the Church? Does this doctrine divide the Trinity?
- How can the wrath of God be reconciled with His love?
- Why did our redemption require the payment of a ransom price?
- If we can forgive others without a sacrifice, why can’t God?
- What is the way of Cain?
- Are we saved by the mercy of God, or by His justice?
- Is the whole world already reconciled to God through the cross?
- Are we saved through our faith, or through the faith of Christ?
- What did Jesus mean by His words on the cross, It is finished?
- How should the gospel be presented?
- Is hyper-grace biblical, or is it heresy?
And much more…